Welcome to the new website for Cycling New Forest.
There is a wealth of information contained within this site, which aims to be a one-stop shop for researching and planning a responsible cycling trip to the glorious New Forest. Within these pages, you can:
- Plan a Route, using the excellent easy-to-use journey planning tool provided by Cycle Streets.
- See Suggested Routes, a collection of 9 routes in the New Forest ranging from routes that cover just a few miles to longer routes over 20 miles.
- Find local organisations where you can hire a bike - whether for a few hours or several days
- Search for local cyclist-friendly accommodation, places to eat, local attractions and other activities, such as walking, horse-riding and family days out.
- Interact with our social media channels: Twitter; Facebook; Pinterest and YouTube.
Please note: It is essential that when you visit the New Forest that you do so in a manner that is sensitive to the residents, landscape and wildlife of this beautiful, tranquil and environmentally sensitive place. Off road cycling in the New Forest is permitted only on certain routes. The New Forest is a working forest, with forestry, farming and equestrian activity on its narrow roads and tracks. Ponies, cattle and other animals are free to roam the Forest and most of its roads. Please help to care for the forest by keeping only to the waymarked routes and following the code.
For more information, please read the New Forest Cycling Code.
Pin your favourite photos of the Forest on our Pinterest Board: